Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pagan Women Will Do It Every Time

Judges 16
15 Then Delilah pouted, “How can you tell me, ‘I love you,’ when you don’t share your secrets with me? You’ve made fun of me three times now, and you still haven’t told me what makes you so strong!” 16 She tormented him with her nagging day after day until he was sick to death of it.

Samson had it all. Strength, fame, God’s blessing. He threw it all away by giving in to his weakness for women. Especially, pagan women. First, it was a Philistine woman whom he was to marry, then he slept with a prostitute. Now, he has set the snare for his own fall by “falling in love with” Delilah, who obviously wanted only one thing: fame and honor for bringing down the Mighty Samson. I used to feel sorry for Samson, but I have long gotten over that. He got what he deserved. Sounds cold, doesn’t it? Well, consider this: Samson did what he was supposed to and God got the glory. Even when Samson turned his back on God by getting entangled with pagan women, God used those situations for His glory. I am no less a scoundrel than Samson. Oh, I am not nearly as strong physically, and I am not entangled with pagan women, but I have a tendency to turn my back on God and do my own thing way too much. God has a tendency to use my foolishness for His glory anyway. I am just trying to make fewer mistakes along the way, and to align my will with God’s on a more consistent basis. Life is much better that way, even in the midst of trials, because Jesus is with me!

No comments: